By his amended writ of summons plaintiff claims against the defendants jointly and severally as follows:
1. “A declaration that the 50 years lease dated 10th November, 1949 between Rachel Afiyea Welbeck and John Kobina Asibu has expired.
2. A declaration that since the defendant failed to seek for the renewal of the said lease dated 10th November, 1949 the defendants’ occupation of the property is unlawful.
3. An order ejecting the defendants from the said property no. D499/3 Knutsford Avenue, Accra which consists of 12 shops.
4. General damages for trespass.
5. An order for perpetual injunction against the defendants, their assigns agents and all people claiming through the defendants from dealing in any manner with the property the subject matter of this suit.”
It is the case of the plaintiff who is the 6th child of the lessor, Rachel Afiyea Welbeck (Deceased) that on the 10th day of November 1949, a lease agreement was executed covering the disputed property bet…