DR. TWUM, J.S.C.
On 15th March 1984, Nii Teiko Oworsika III, filed a writ to initiate a chieftaincy suit in the Greater Accra Region House of Chiefs. The petitioner claimed the following reliefs:
(1) A declaration that the petitioner is the Asere Mantse and by the set-up of the Asere Stool, the first respondent cannot be the Asere Mantse.
(2) An injunction restraining the 1st Respondent from putting himself up as the Asere Mantse in the forth-coming Greater Accra Regional House of Chiefs elections and also restraining the Second Respondent from collaborating with the 1st Respondent in achieving the said ends.
The Petitioner relied on the FACTS and PARTICULARS to support his claim.
(1) The Petitioner is the legitimate chief of the Asere Division of the Greater Accra Region which consists of not less than seventeen clans or houses.
(2) Amongst the seventeen clans or houses is the Djorshie of which the 1st Respondent is the Chief or Mantse
(3) For Administrative and Military convenience, the se…