MUSDAPHER, J.C.A. (Delivering the Leading Judgment): Pursuant to the provisions of the Local Government (Basic Constitutional and Transitional Provisions) Decree, No. 36 of 1998. the Independent National Electoral Commission (hereinafter referred to as INEC) conducted elections into the Local Governments and Area Councils throughout the Federation. The elections were conducted on the 5th day of December, 1998. In the Abuja Municipal Area Council the result of the election as announced by the 4th respondent on the 6th of December, 1998 showed the votes scored by each of the candidates for the chairmanship of the council as follows:-
1. Vivian Ndigwe Anazodo of APP, 11,126 votes
2. Esther John Audu of PDP, 20,380 votes
3. Stephen I. Omodogbe of AD, 3,493 votes
4. Mohammed A. Dili of MDJ. 6,899 votes
5. Abubakar Suleiman of NSM, 1,324 votes
6. Edith A. Argom of UPP, 853 votes.
Esther John Audu of PDP was returned elected as the Chairman of the Abuja Municipal Area Council. Vivian Ndigw…