MUDASHIRU NASIRU ONIYANGI, J.C.A. (Delivering the Lead Ruling): By way of a motion on notice brought pursuant to Order 17 Rule 13(6) of the Court of Appeal Rules, 2016, Section 28(1) of the Court of Appeal Act, 2004 and under the inherent powers of the Court, the applicant is seeking for the following relief(s):
(1) An order admitting the Appellant/Applicants herein to bail pending the hearing and determination of the appeal filed Appellant/Applicant (sic) in the matter.
(2) And for such further orders or other orders that this Honourable Court may deem fit to make in the circumstance of this case.
The ground upon which the application is predicated are:
(1) Ill-health of the Appellant/Applicant.
(2) Appellant/Applicant was on bail at the trial Court before conviction and religiously attended Court until his conviction. He did not jump bail.
(3) Appellant/Applicants further stay in prison custody will not only jeopardize his life but also that of other inmates in view of his complicated hea…