SALAMI, J.C.A. (Delivering the Leading Judgment): In the Federal High Court of Justice sitting in Kaduna, the plaintiff instituted an action against the defendant claiming as follows:-
"(1) A declaration that the dismissal of the plaintiff by the defendant as contained in the letter reference No. 00227/ 2. 1/56/96 and dated 6/11/96 is null and void, ultra vires and of no effect.
(2) A declaration that the plaintiff was not given a fair hearing before his purported dismissal.
(3) A declaration that the plaintiff is still in the services of the defendant.
(4) An order directing the defendant to pay to the plaintiff all his arrears of salaries and allowances.
(5) An order directing the defendant to reinstate the plaintiff in its employment.
(6) A perpetual injunction restraining the defendant from dismissing, terminating or in any way tampering with the plaintiffs right to work with the defendant until he attains his retirement age.
(7) In the alternative to paragraphs 5 and 6 above: