On the 2nd day of March, 2010 the Plaintiffs caused to be issued out of this registry, a writ of summons endorsed with the reliefs listed here below:
1. Recovery of the sum of US$112,000 being the outstanding indebtedness of the defendants under the sale/purchase contract for the supply of gold executed between the parties.
2. Interest on the said sum from 24th November, 2009 at the prevailing commercial bank rate to the date of final payment.
3. Cost of airfare to Ghana for the purposes of retrieving the said indebtedness.
The defendants did enter appearance and filed a late Statement of Defence to the Plaintiffs’ claim.
At the close of the pleadings, the Issues which were set down for hearing were as follows:-
1. Whether or not this Honourable Court has jurisdiction to trial (sic) this matter in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ghana.
2. Whether or not such jurisdiction, if any, is affected by the provision under clause 15 of the Distribution Contract between