TOM SHAIBU YAKUBU, J.C.A. (Delivering the Leading Judgment): This appeal is against the judgment of the Anambra State High Court of Justice, holden at Nnewi, delivered on 28th March, 2006.
In the statement of claim filed by the respondent who was the plaintiff in the said Court (hereinafter simply referred to as the Court below), he had claimed the following reliefs:-
1. N285,761.05 being loss suffered as a result of wrong debiting of interest and COT for the period 21/3/95 to 26/5/95.
2. N509, 753.25k being accrued interest on N285,761.05k at prevailing bank rate from March 1995 to December 1999.
3. N238,854.29k being expected profit on turnover.
4. Interest on N1, 034,168.59k at 21% per annum from December 1999 until judgment. Thereafter at 5% per annum until judgment is satisfied.
5. Return of the original copy of plaintiffs Customary Right of Occupancy, registered as No. 43 page 43 Volume 1226 at the Lands Registry, Enugu now at Awka Anambra State.
The defendant bank filed its statement …